People-centered design is a rapid and iterative interaction design methodology focused on understanding and engaging individuals in ways that are useful, usable, and desirable.
While there is no perfect ‘one size fits all’ approach, the essence is as follows:
- Understand the mission, vision, and stakeholders
- Conduct some research, including competitive and audience
- Develop insights through models, stories, prototypes
- Iterate design through rapid, low fidelity techniques
- Get the big questions answered before you niggle the details
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
- Samuel Beckett